This Privacy Notice tells you about the data we collect about you, what we do with it, how we look after it and what rights you have with regard to it. We will always try to keep your data confidential to the purposes for which it was collected.
What data we collect:
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact GOV.UK
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law and is statute based. We may also collect Special Category Personal Data including Health and Criminal information. On occasion we will also collect data in respect of those under 16 which is further detailed below.
Why we need it
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each
- how you got to the site
- what you click on
We do not identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
- send emails to users who request them
- allow you to access our portal
- provide you with information about other services
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with insurers, underwriters, claims handling companies and others as well as regulators and other agencies, the police and public bodies.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law or regulation – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes relating to the services we offer and for regulation or where;
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Under 16 year old privacy protection
Our services do sometimes include the need for personal data to be held and processed for those under age 16. In this case we will involve the individual with parental responsibility, the courts or the police as required.
Where we store your personal data
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA. Storage of personal data can be by electronic means, in the cloud, on premise or on paper at either on or off-site locations.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. We also try to make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure. We cannot make any guarantees to this effect.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please contact Tim Long, Sole Bay Insurance Brokers, Pond Farm, Barham Green, Ipswich IP6 0QF.
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact Tim Long, Sole Bay Insurance Brokers, Pond Farm, Barham Green, Ipswich IP6 0QF if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner directly, who is an independent regulator.
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
1st November, 2018
Sole Bay Insurance Brokers is a trading name of TLIB Ltd Financial Conduct Authority - number 827011 and Companies House number 11644834
TLIB Ltd. is an Appointed Representative of Scrutton Bland Insurance Brokers Limited - Financial Conduct Authority registered number 828934